Saturday, August 20, 2011

I LOVE to see the TEMPLE

Ah what a day! I am just so full of happiness! We got to go to the Oakland Temple. What a treat. As missionaries we don't get to go that often because we're focused on helping others to get to the temple. Or as a plaque (definitely made by a Sister) in a member's home once said "Missionary: Noun; Someone who gives up their own family for a short time, so others can be with theirs Forever".

As we were at the temple today I pondered about all the blessings that have been given to me in my life. I have a great family that loves me and that has taught me the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that His authority to seal families together has been restored to the earths I know that my family can be together even after this life.

While I walked the temple grounds I thought of my people; both past and present. I want them all to have these same blessings. The blessings do not stop at baptism. Baptism is only the beginning of the path that leads to eternal life. This path goes right through the temple where we can receive all the ordinances to prepare us to enter into the presence of our Heavenly Father. Yes, I want my people to receive baptism. But I shouldn't stop there. I need to point them to the temple.


The temple is a Holy place, a place of love and beauty. I want everyone to enjoy this sacred place and all of it's blessings. I encourage all those who haven't made it to the temple to get there. Why wait? Blessings are waiting for you that are worth more than anything this world has to offer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We get to go to the Temple this month and I am so excited! Thanks for sharing your testimony.
In our last Zone Conference President told us that the correct principle of the Gospel of Christ is Endure to the End(ownment)!

Elder Nathan Crowther said...

haha. that's cool. Did you mean End(owement)? I think that's what you meant.

Search This Blog